Thursday 30 January 2014

Introduction

Hi my names Greg and I’m a homo sapien just like you and 6 Billion + others. I have hopes, dreams, and fears. I am goofy, annoying and a little pessimistic. Funny, fantastic and charming. I love Heinz ketchup but find the little packets you get in Mc Donalds annoyingly hard to open because I chew my nails to much and my hands get greasy from the fries (note to self: open before the fries.)

To explain to you who I am today we have to first go back in time………..ZIIIING

Ten years ago I was a 16 year old Amish high school dropout working for free 50 hours a week. I didn’t have access to a computer or TV. All I had was a desire to make something of myself but with no idea of how to do it.

I remember getting up at 5AM every morning to collect trash from our neighbors houses hauling it around in a garden way before working as a grunt on a building site for 10 hours a day in the freezing cold of upstate New York. I got yelled at every day and told I’d never amount to anything.

Since then I’ve been to university, played as a semi professional footballer, and worked for stupidly rich people in Kazakhstan and Russia as a private tutor/ sports coach. Not to mention working online as a cam model, picking asparagus for a euro an hour in Germany, and setting up my own online affiliate business.

I’ve lived in Thailand, Spain, Russia, Kazakhstan, Germany, Mexico, England, and been to countless others. I love adventure, opportunity, exploring, and most of all freedom. Freedom to be and do what I want.

When I was an boy I made myself a promise that I would live life to the fullest wherever it took me. Its a promise I intend to keep.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming that your family is Amish. I am kind of surprised that you could get into sports at a level that you could play professionally. Perhaps I have a stereotype in my head, but Amish do not seem to emphasize sports at all.

    How did you get the moniker "Peg Leg Greg?"

    ReplyDelete